Mindfulness practice offers an invitation to move towards greater balance, choice and participation in life.
Practicing mindfulness helps you:
- be fully present, here and now in each moment
- experience unpleasant thoughts and feelings safely
- become aware of what you’re avoiding
- become more connected to yourself, to others and to the world around you
- increase self-awareness
- become less disturbed by and less reactive to unpleasant experiences
- learn the distinction between you and your thoughts
- have more direct contact with the world, rather than living through your thoughts
- learn that everything changes; that thoughts and feelings come and go like the weather
- have more balance, less emotional volatility
- experience more calm and peacefulness
- develop self-acceptance and self-compassion
Learn about the science behind mindfulness.